So here’s the deal:
I got such a good response to the call for interesting stuff to listen to a while back, I’d like to propose a more global music/ear candy swap. In fact, I like the idea so much that I’m willing to make it as painless as possible for any and all to participate - so easy, in fact, that you are a fool and a cad if you don’t go along with it.
Here’s how it’s going to work:
1) If you want in, make sure I have your current and correct mailing info. Comments are screened, so fire away.
2) Through a highly scientific process*, I will decide who to pair you up with from my Friends List.
3) Once I’ve assigned you your Music Mate, I will send you a package with:
- 1 mix CD (from me, mwahahaha)
- 2 blank CD’s
- 2 pre-addressed and postage-paid mailing envelopes. Well, postage-paid for US-to-US and US-to-Overseas, that is. If you're Overseas and I assign you to someone here in the States, I'll send you a little cash-monies in the package for reimbursement since I can't put the postage on there for you. Did that make sense? Ask questions if necessary.
See the shiny pic! I already have the materials in place and ready for dispersal! Yes!
What do you have to do?
1) Assemble a compilation of your own favorites.
2) When you receive your package, burn that mix onto the two blank CD’s
3) Put ‘em in the pre-addressed envelopes and send ‘em off – one to me and one to the person I hook you up with. To make perfectly clear:
a. 1 envelope goes to me
b. One envelope goes to some random git on my F-List -- huzzah!
4) Hilarity ensues/PROFIT
I was going to say, indicate whether you want a CD with mp3’s just thrown on it any which way, or a jukebox-style CD in WMA or CDA format with an m3u playlist, but – screw it. In the interest of simplicity, you’ll get (from me) a CD of mp3’s, and if I’m feeling really motivated, a suggested playlist. Heh.
What’s expected of you if you opt in? Not much, ya lazy baaaaaaastards. To Review: All you have to do is come up with your own mix of interesting stuff you loves and loves well. When you get the stuffs from me, burn your stuffs onto both of the blank CD’s. Put one CD in each envelope and drop it in the mail. I’ll have pre-addressed them and everything – and for my US customers, I’ll even put the postage on there for you. For y’all overseas—it’s a bit trickier, so I’ll just throw a few dollars American in there for you. You can spend that stuff where you are, right….? ::ducks::
No fair trying to play to the crowd - make this a CD about YOUR tastes, and screw anyone who doesn't like what you do.
EXPOSE THE WORLD TO YOUR HAUTE MUSICAL CUISINE!
Er, well, two people in the world anyway.
So there you have it. Jump on the bandwagon, monkeys.
And do it without dawdling overmuch – I’d like to start my end of it this weekend and have stuff ready to go to the post office by next week.
Note the First: I’m only sending your info to ONE person. This is open only to folks what I certifiably trust to hand my own coordinates to, and I’m not sending your info to some yahoo I don’t know.
Second Note! Toot!: A couple of you, I have other stuff to send to youse. I'm not sayin' who or what - but you just may get a little summin' summin' extry. Heh.
Three Notes! I May Start a Band!: If you're local and want in on this, I'll either hand deliver or postal you, whichever works best.
Note Four! Stop the Madness!: If there are more than one of you in the same household, I'm perfectly happy to send you both packages to make your own goodies from. ::looks at flemco and takhisis, whistles::
Fifth Note! For Fuck's Sake!: If you get to the party late, it's okay - I'll find a way to slot you in. I know at least one of you is in the process of moving house ::looks at johnnybrainwash :: And I still owe you for last year, so... :-)
* "Highly Scientific" may be understood to mean "Close Eyes, Giggle Maniacally, Point at List." But I will think smart things while I do it!